Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Growing

I wrote this a while back after a lady's Bible study. I found it in a notebook and it just goes to show how far God has brought me in the last few months. I still struggle with bitterness to some extent, but to quote a country song, "it's gettin' better all the time"...

tipped nails
messy ponytails
heads bobbing in unison

i reject you
before you have the chance
to reject me

your intelligence
your faith
your beauty
i lack
i need
i ache

i know if i can make
you laugh
you will like me

i can make you laugh
but the problem is
i don't want to laugh anymore

1 Comments:

Blogger aKnutson said...

dissecting this, I got really depressed girl. Does it deal with what we talked about that one night? :( Hang in there trooper. You have to keep ur head held high in order to still be able to see what ur looking for!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home