Wednesday, October 04, 2006

So how was your pizza?

My new job.
What a blessing and what an interesting experience!

I know that this was totally a God thing. Every other job I had applied to in the last couple of months never called me. I had one interview. They never contacted me again. Don't know what happened there. But this time, when I received the job notification I prayed. I prayed that if it was God's will for me to have this job, if it would be good for me, that I would get it. 4 days later I had the job.

Three days I've driven to Papa John's Headquarters and called aproximately 500 numbers. Not everyone answers their phone. But I love listening to the answering machines. I have heard rap music and hispanic country music. One guy simply yelled, "THIS IS PPAAAULLLL!!! LEAVE A MMMESSSSSSAAAGGGEEE!!"
Tonight I got what seemed to be the home of a single mother. She said her name and then 4 children said their's. The littlest was a girl who must've just learned to talk. She almost didn't get her name out. It was so cute.

I have been in such a worshipful mood tonight. And, weird as it sounds, I think it's because of my job. Not only is it growing me (I'm really bad about talking on the phone) and providing for my needs while being an EASY job, but also I am amazed at the variety of people just here in our own country. So many backgrounds. So many accents. By the way, most people have been able to understand me so far! I wonder about the lives of all those I talk to. What is their religion? Are they married? Have they experienced something dreadfully painful recently? And it's awesome to think that God knows all this.

I have almost 700 people on my call list. I've talked to maybe 100 at the most. And all I know about them was whether or not they like Papa John's pizza! God knows every hair on their heads, their hearts, their fears...everything!

I'm so grateful for all the people in this crazy world. God is not a boring God. And His creation is not a boring creation!

Not only am I thankful for the people I get to randomly call at work, I am also grateful for people like the Redneck German who is bold enough to challenge beliefs all to bring us all to a better understanding of who God is.

It is amazing to think that God has prepared and is still preparing me for great things. He is preparing all His children for great things. He gives us battles to fight, victories to win and lessons to learn.

What we must remember is that it is all for His glory...
ALL for His glory!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was an awesome insight, am! God really IS creative and soooooooo amazing when it comes to how many different people He made!

thank you so much for sharing that! it was a huge blessing reading about your experiences at work and the answering machines and stuff.. i could imagine what your job must be like and it sounds really awesome (especially for the way you get to know God better in this respect!!)

I hope you receive even more blessing along the way and that GOD keeps your joy in the work that you do! :) God bless you!!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home