Monday, September 25, 2006

Beat me up...

"Get a friend to tell you your faults, or better still, welcome an enemy who will watch you keenly and sting you savagely. What a blessing such an irritating critic will be to a wise man, what an intolerable nuisance to a fool" C. H. Spurgeon

For all of you who consider me your friend, I'm asking you to act like this enemy.

I know that I am full of faults. I have a hard time seeing the truth. I have a hard time with trust, growth and change.

Since I want to be wise and not the fool that I am please do this for me. Point out my faults, my shortcomings, my foolishness. Don't let me rest. Make me get it right.

I'm very broken and confused right now. I need your help. Help me become who I am meant to be....

2 Comments:

Blogger ordi said...

interesting quote.. but i'd only agree to 50%.. for a person who's full of her/himself, this enemy's words are precious as gold.. for a person who doesn't know about their own value or strengths, it's the very least thing they need..

a true friend tells you exactly whats wrong, yet encourages you when you need it! the enemy wont..

"Love me the most, when I deserve it the least, because that's when I need it the most" .. choose your consultants wisely, hon :)

6:01 PM  
Blogger Elder said...

looks like ordi is my only friend
:(

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home